Web 2.0 technologies provide a level user interaction that was not available before. Students can collaborate, interact, create, publish. Unlike the first wave of Web technology where things were static or unchanging.
Blogs, Wikis, and Podcasts. Oh My!
- Ary Adventures or MGoBlog and Mr. Toporski's Blog (anyone can be published!)
- Classroom Wikis (it is all about collaboration)
- Podcasting (really this is a screencast)
Great Places to Begin
- Get a Gmail account: It is your ticket to everything Google and there is a lot of good stuff!
- Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Sites, or Blogger. Everyone has something to share!
- SharePoint site at Sparta. Student drop boxes, Web space, Wikis, and more! (Todd or Paul can help set one up for you)
- YouTube. There is probably something you could use there right now.