Friday, March 30, 2012

Socrative

As their Website says, "Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets."

I was happy to have the opportunity to visit a couple of high schools last month (Kent City and Zeeland East) to check out their tablet programs. One had Android tablets and the other had iPads. I also attended the MACUL annual conference for a couple of days a few weeks ago. The one thing I came away with from all three visits was that teachers are using Socrative.

Here is the intro video from Socrative.



Here is a quick look at Socrative in action.



I signed up for Socrative (easy) and created a quick quick (easy). It worked great. Students don't have to sign up for an account. Just go to the URL and enter a room number to access my class and my quiz. Very cool! I think this is a great cool to quickly get student feedback, brainstorm, or just test your student's knowledge in an anonymous manner. Try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment